Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Three Gorges

Well, we're still working our way through the restaurants close to the Arlington reservoir. This week we opted for Chinese food at Three Gorges (not to be confused with Three Gorges part 2 by the DQ in Natick). We knew this restaurant had to be good after one step inside - they had so many plaques and awards proudly displayed on the walls. Even "Voted Number One" printed on the menu! Number One what was a bit ambiguous.

They had some sort of lunch deal - your choice of soup, a spring roll or crab rangoon, and a main dish for about $7. I ordered hot & sour soup, crab rangoon and sweet and sour chicken. Ray got the same soup, two spring rolls and Kung Pao Beef.

Our food was ready amazingly fast (~3 minutes). Then we headed out to our classic lunch bench on the reservoir. I didn't think the soup was that great, Ray finished his, but said it was very different than hot & sour soups that he's tried elsewhere. I enjoyed my crab rangoon, it had a very crispy shell with a pleasantly creamy filling. I enjoyed the flavors of my entree, though the chicken was definitely covered in way too much sauce. The to-go containers fortunately separate the rice from the main course, so if you aren't as stupid as I am, the sauce wouldn't be overwhelming. Yup, I stupidly dumped my rice in with everything else and stirred.... Ray seemed like he enjoyed his meal a fair amount, but I can't remember what it was so I can't comment much on that.

I would definitely vote for them to win the Honrable Mention for best Chinese food in Lexington again....

We don't have to come back here, but we wouldn't mind.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment